Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Today I learned: When my trainer shows me a new exercise, I should not immediately ask if it will give me "man calves."

Then I bought some Accelerade that tastes kind of like fruit punch (and spackle if you don't mix it enough.) It's okay. It has something to do with endurance and hydration and has a super special ratio of 4:1 carbs to protein.

I'll let you know if it makes me grow man calves.

Last night I went golfing for the first time ever! My friend let me use her clubs and showed me the ropes. (Editor's note: there were no ropes) It was a 9 hole par 3 course at Jefferson Park Golf Club. I did not suck nearly as badly as I expected. I'm not good at hitting high and far; my skills cater more towards the miniature golf circuit. I am good with the putting.

To celebrate our successful round of golf (and get warm) a bunch of us went to Beveridge Place Pub after, which I'd also never been to before. I can't wait until I'm drinking again so I can go back. I find it hilarious that before this challenge I never even wondered if bars/pubs served soda. It just wasn't on my radar. So I find myself going into these places and timidly asking if they happen to sell Diet Coke... and if so, kind sir, might I trouble you for a pint of your finest carbonated sugar water?

It is day 18 of my sobriety. Only 22 more days to go. :(

2 comments:

Lily said...

Isn't golfing a good past-time? Driving around in the carts and laughing hysterically when I can't hit the ball gives me no end of amusement. I love it. And I've only lost two whiffle balls to the neighbors' yards while practicing in my backyard.

Folly Blaine said...

It is kind of fun, though also a little bit painful. I excel at hitting the ground with the club, instead of the ball. I see practice time at the driving range in my future.