Sunday, May 27, 2007

Folk Life Festival, May 2007

On Friday night, my friend (who is visiting from Santa Barbara) and I went to the Folk Life Festival at the Seattle Center. Also, we went to Daiso Japan and he bought a scary ceramic dog for $1.50.

It was my first time riding the Monorail, and it was awesome. Not long after Jer and I moved to Seattle, the two trains collided in the air, and they had to evacuate people with ladders. Now it's fixed. It leaves from Westlake Center (home of Daiso Japan) and only goes 1 mile to the Seattle Center:

Vendors travel far and wide to display their wares at the Folk Life Festival. Here is some tie-dye:

Like all festivals I've been to in Seattle, this one was crowded. There were many street performers and food booths to keep the mob pleased:

For many minutes I focused on the big fountain. For some reason, hippies avoided the water. An unlucky few were dragged forcibly into the danger zone:

I call the next photo, "Scary dog with catcher's mitt glued to his chin, in front of the Experience Music Project":

No comments: