Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm really enjoying working with Wordpress. It's incredibly user-friendly and easy to customize. I spent the last few evenings working on behind-the-scenes features for my new photo blog like setting up watermarks, scheduled posting, and Google analytics. I realize I have a lot more work to do on aesthetics, but it's coming along.

Diet/exercise continues. I've been slack in my eating habits -- still eating the right things (no cheeseburgers) but not necessarily the correct portion sizes. Overdosing on the grilled mahi mahi, green beans, and rice Monday night was worth it though. I bought some ground buffalo meat for a recipe in my Weight Watchers cookbook to make a healthier burger. That'll be my Saturday project.

It's tough not seeing Jer in the evenings, but on the plus side it gives me no excuse not to buckle down and work at night -- either on the website or my writing. I've been calling him before he goes to work to check in, at least to hear his voice, and see if there's anything I need to know.

Last night when I went to bed, I realized I hadn't seen the cats in awhile. So I go into the bedroom, flip on the light, and see both of them stretched out asleep. Vash was in bed, Chiana was on the floor with her head resting on a stack of books. They both blinked at me, confused, then put their heads back down. Not being Jer, I didn't rate a second glance. I had to push all fifteen pounds of Vash out of the way so I'd have room to sleep.

He wasn't happy about it.

No comments: