Saturday, September 03, 2005

2 1/2 Days Until the Moving Van

I'm supposed to go to a party tonight, but I don't plan to do more than make an appearance and provide spinach dip. As I am surrounded by boxes, dust, and cat hair, it's not the best time to make myself pretty and forget all my troubles. Maybe I'll go like I am now, in black sweats, a ten-year old t-shirt, and sleep lines on my face. Glamour thy name is me.

We posted the No Parking signs out front and cleared it with the neighbors. The moving trailer should have enough space when it arrives Tuesday. Or rather, it better have enough space because it's too damned late to do anything about it now.

My stomach is in constant flip flop mode.

I got all my prescriptions filled for the road. Still have to make it to U-Haul for some last minute specialty items. And we found a cheap, but durable corkscrew at Costco for $13. On Tuesday night, once the trailer is loaded and our limbs are wet with sweat and limp as noodles, we'll drink what's left of the wine. 'Course the glasses will be packed, so if anyone looks through our living room windows they'll see two feral, dirty creatures, propped against a wall, and drinking straight from the bottle.

I'm being guilted into packing again. There's nowhere to hide in this stupid apartment.

P.S. The green bookshelf is gone. All that's left is the washer and dryer.

No comments: