Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Internet Alert

We have internet access officially now, but our landlady misinformed us about the cable. I wish we could get straight answers and not have to keep guessing, but then this experience wouldn't be nearly as much fun. It's incredibly frustrating to not know how to proceed except to fumble forwards and hope you're doing things right. Again, fun.

Today we found the Costco and Target. I bought a shower liner and then went and got my rear tail light replaced. Now I can legally turn left.

I'm supposed to be studying the drivers' guide, but instead I'm reading "Geek Love" by Katherine Dunn. It's fantastic -- a shockingly good read.

A side note: we've met a lot of nice people who inevitably ask us about our jobs. I have a hard time answering the question. I feel myself becoming defensive and have to stop before I say something stupid like, "It's none of your damn business." Or, "Got contacts?" Instead I make a joke about going to Hawaii first and sorting it out later.

I reserved the U-Haul truck for Thursday. It looks like we can pick up our stuff from the moving company then. And last night I wrote a short story which I think is called "Black Lake." The end.

No comments: