Sunday, September 18, 2005

Life of the Party

I went for a walk along the water and then I called home. There's not much else. We've been eating microwaveable foods and slowly unpacking. Productivity greatly decreased once the television was hooked up.

Tonight Jer set up the coffee maker and I rummaged through cookbooks, looking for easy, tasty recipes. I've been craving meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Okay I've been craving lots of things because we've been living off Lean Cuisine compartment meals and Costco's finest teriyaki bowls. But now I'm about ready to go grocery shopping with an actual list.

I should be writing but I'm not. Instead I'm fluffing up the nest.

I've also got to keep reminding myself that next week, we'll be in Hawaii. It's not real yet. I put in a stop order for mail, but I need to do all the other boring organizational stuff: laundry, pack, check in with the cat boarding place... Man, I'm looking forward to this trip but I also want it to be over. Once it's over I can look for a job and not feel guilty about being unemployed. Sure, when I'm there I'll get over myself, but for now I've got the mean reds swirling above my head and making me all kinds of crabby. Yeah, I know. Poor me. It'll be different when I'm there.

I finished "Geek Love" yesterday and that made me sad. It always brings me down to finish a great book and sever ties with the characters that've latched on to the inside of my skull.

I wish I wrote like that.

No comments: