Friday, September 16, 2005

Yo quiero Taco Bell.

Damn. I just had the worst Mexican food I've ever had in my life. On our way home Jer said, "I want to vomit so I can say I never ate there."

They have these things called Mexi-Fries, which are actually just your standard issue tater tots. The tater tots were the best part. I got the Mexi-Meal, which had a crappy taco, a flauta (called a crisp burrito), a pile of shredded lettuce with ranch on top, and a scoop of refried beans. Also, I think I found chicken in the beans. It was all bland and nasty, and I didn't even eat it all, despite knowing it cost $15. And the place was popular too! The drive through line was long and there were several other people inside. Jer said, "Is it possible all these people never ate here before?"

I suggested reporting them to the BBB for false advertising. I mean, come on. The taco consisted of a layer of boiled chicken, a layer of shredded yellow cheese, shredded lettuce, and a fat tomato slice. No beans, rice, sour cream, olives, fanfare. Ugh. And the salsa? It tasted faintly of iced tea and came shooting out of a ketchup dispenser.

In other news, we returned the U-Haul, the plastic carpet protectors are safely stored away, and all of our belongings are in the apartment. Now we just have to unpack, which is easier said than done. But I think we can finally relax. The worst part of the move is over.

I'm going to have to learn how to cook so I can eat proper Mexican food. Double damn. I tell you what though, this place today made Taco Bell's menu look authentic.

No comments: