Thursday, September 01, 2005

Frankenbox

Moving Update: The futon is gone. I helped the buyer load it in his SUV after waiting two hours for him to show up.

The guy who bought the big screen reports that it's not turning on now. It worked after he loaded it screen side down in his pickup, but stopped working after he moved it to a different room. Looks like we'll be refunding his money.

Still no home for Louie, the blue parakeet.

Today I have to call the moving place and schedule delivery for the trailer. I also have to buy the no parking signs to block off the area in front of our place.

And I've got to back up my work email. And pack. We're experiencing increased anxiety due to the rapid approach of our move date.

We're waiting on the person who expressed interest to pick up the washer/dryer, and we still have a lovely green bookshelf to give away. Oh and that pesky renters/auto insurance policy still needs to be worked out.

We've added to our arsenal: a cheap dolly, work gloves, plastic drop cloths, heavy-duty tarps, bungee cords, and a few furniture blankets. We also created a Frankenbox for the Ikea glass cabinet that I can't bear to part with. The Frankenbox is composed of three smaller U-Haul boxes, taped together, and stuffed with linens. When the cabinet breaks in transit, all of our linens will be covered in glass. But I had to take the chance. I am attached.

This calls for more caffeine.

No comments: