Friday, September 02, 2005

I dropped off a load of donations at the thrift shop. There's at least one more visit in my future.

The person who claimed the washer/dryer for her son is on vacation all week. Our fingers are crossed that her son has our number as her return coincides with our departure.

Renters/Auto insurance is nearly worked out. There was a snag when I found out that Jer's insurance is set to triple, but now I think we're just sucking it up. Single male under thirty driving a sportscar... who knew?

I know this is endlessly fascinating for you.

I packed up my cubicle yesterday and it was sad. Today I return my equipment and walk out the door for the last time. My only regret is that I wish I had more time, but I shouldn't regret what's not in my power to change. I hope I can get another job soon, and that it pays enough for us to be comfortable, and that it's work I enjoy.

In the middle of all these big leaps, I'm trying not to be aware of what I'm doing. Two months from now I can lament all my rash decisions, but right now I just have to get through this. I have to get past the constant uncertainty and just enjoy it. I hope I can find the capacity to enjoy it, because it is an awfully big adventure.

No comments: