Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blog Name Change: Still "Folly's House of Mirth" on the inside

I sincerely hope I haven't broken your brain. I'm just so bored with the name "Folly's House of Mirth." So, after 7 years of posting, I've picked a new name from a hat: "Maybe It Was The Moonshine."

It would've made more sense to ease you into this gently. I understand change is hard.

It's not you, it's me. I need to spread my wings beyond the mirth. Mirth doesn't draw a crowd like it used to. Mirth is so 2003.

Welcome to the Moonshine years! May they make our ancestors proud.

9 comments:

Headspace said...

Does this mean I can now claim to have been here since the beginning? That way, when someone asks "have you read the new Folly Blaine?" in a few years time, I'll be able to say "are you kidding? I've been reading her blog since the beginning!" Glory by (internet) proxy!

Folly Blaine said...

Ha. If you really want to get in on the ground floor, say you've been reading since it was "Step 23: Quest for World Domination" or "Ho Ka Hey: Today's a Good Day to Die."

Only the truly dedicated (aka long-suffering) will know about those. :)

Dan said...

I've been reading since it was erotic ASCII art ;)

Colin said...

or someone who happened to live in the same residence hall as you. It will always be step 23 to me. I still fear step 24...

Folly Blaine said...

Nice one, Dan. :)

Colin, not only did you live in the same res hall, weren't you pretty much responsible for my foray into Geocities? That Red Dwarf page of yours was an inspiration.

That's it, everyone in this comment thread gets to be honorary officers in my future fan club. While the perqs aren't great, the bragging rights more than compensate! (Hey, where'd everybody go?)

Matt said...

As moonshine was proudly served in mason jars at my 25th birthday party, I love the new name! Have fun with it.

~Matt

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Matt!

Sounds like quite the party, by the way. I think I had a tray of ironic Jello shots for my 25th.

"Maybe it was the ironic Jello shots," just doesn't have the same ring somehow...

Elizabeth M said...

Maybe it was the moonshine - I like it! Change is gooooood.

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Elizabeth M! What can I say? Your recent blog name change inspired me.