Monday, May 16, 2011

Housekeeping: New domain name

Another housekeeping update: I've set up a new domain name for the blog, www.follyblaine.com.

From now on -- or as soon as the DNS changes propagate everywhere -- you can get to this blog at either follyb.blogspot.com or www.follyblaine.com.

You won't need to make any changes on your end. The redirects should take care of everything, but please let me know if you have problems.

I've also created a "Folly Blaine" Facebook page with nothing on it yet. If you want to beat the crowd, you can click here to see the sparseness.

Folly Blaine is the name I'm submitting my work under, in case you're wondering. I just thought it would be better to get everything under the same consistent umbrella. I still answer to Christy.

Thanks!

4 comments:

GreenDragon said...

So I'm not all that in the know about pen names and such, but should the picture for your Folly name be the same as your Christy name? I thought having a pen name was suppose to be for autonomy.

Folly Blaine said...

It doesn't just have to be for hiding your identity. It can also be used for branding/marketing.

For example, there are a lot of Christy's with my name, but not so many Folly's. I'll be easier to find in searches as Folly -- partly because it's still a unique name on twitter, facebook, and other social media sites -- and I'll set an expectation about what you'll get if you read a Folly Blaine story. Such as dark fantasy.

If I want to write another type of story, I'll probably use a different name. A pen name also allows me to separate personal from professional if I want.

AZGypsie said...

Unique. I like it!

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, AZGypsie! :D