Friday, May 13, 2011

The Experiment and My Cat's Weird Addiction

Updated: This post was originally published 5/12/11. Blogger went down, the post disappeared, and now I'm reposting it for historical accuracy.

I've written 2200 words on the story I started Sunday, and I've got about 1300 words to go. This time I'm wading into the icy waters of urban fantasy.

Water is an interesting word. You can type it entirely with your left hand.

Disappointed with my short (and ever dwindling) attention span, I asked Jer to set up the network to automatically disconnect my laptop from the internet on Thursday and Friday, 9am to noon. Today was the first time that went into effect and it worked.

How nice I am so easily tricked. I am equal parts glad it worked and annoyed I have no willpower.

I made an appointment with a new vet for this afternoon. About a week ago, Vash (male cat, 8 1/2 years old) lost interest in mealtime. He devours treats just fine, and he'll eat a little dry or wet food if I stick it in front of him. I suspect he got into a plastic bag and it's disagreeing with him. Or he's just decided he doesn't like the brand of food we serve anymore.

It wouldn't be the first time. For either scenario.

Vash has always been obsessed with eating plastic bags, to the point where we replaced all of our trash cans with closed lids and installed baby locks on any cabinet doors with bags in them. He still finds a way sometimes. Like if the trash bag isn't tucked firmly enough under the lid, then he'll gnaw on the bit that's loose.

Anyway, he doesn't seem to be in pain, and he is eating just enough, but I'd feel better if a professional checked him out.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

GreenDragon said...

I hope the kitty is okay!!

And I feel like that trick would only work when your desktop and laptop are significantly separate from each other. I could do that too, but all it would take is for me to walk 4 steps to get to my desktop to check my email instead.

BTW, totally going to miss hanging out this afternoon!