Sunday, May 22, 2011

Went to Fry's Last Night and Bought Cheap Paper


Jer and I finally watched "The Hangover" last night, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I know everyone everywhere has already seen this movie, and most of them are only too happy to share how funny it is.

But I was not prepared.

I enjoyed the structure, the dialogue, the acting... it was just a lot of fun. I'm curious to see how they follow it up.

Thoughts of my story woke me at 4:30am. I knew I had to get up and jot it down before I forgot everything, so I pushed off the covers and wrote notes until the sun came up. Then I went back to sleep.

It's going to require a total overhaul to tell the story I meant to tell. I'm not sure why this one is giving me so much trouble, but if I'm honest with myself, I don't have a huge pool of experience to draw from. Maybe all my stories will give me trouble.

I signed up for a couple of one-shot Saturday classes in June. One is about editing your own work, and the other is about publishing. I was on the fence about these but then I looked at the summer schedule and saw how few writing classes will be offered. I will need to find another way to stay motivated until fall.

Vash ate a little more last night, but is back to snubbing food again today. I will call the vet tomorrow and schedule an ultrasound.

3 comments:

GreenDragon said...

Michael and I have never seen The Hangover. I don't think either of us have any great interest in it.

Ooooo, you'll have to be sure to let me know what classes. Maybe I'll take them with you!

And I'm sorry to hear about Vash. I'm determined the kitty will get better soon. *shakes fist at kitty*

Lily said...

I had no desire to see The Hangover, but when I was Housesitting, it was on one of their movie channels so, since it was free, I watched it. I, too, was pleasantly surprised. I really didn't expect to like it.

Christy said...

I don't know why, but I expected The Hangover to be about dead hookers and hiding dead hooker bodies, which I did not want to see.

Low expectations, for the win!

GreenDragon, I'm taking those two classes we heard about -- the editing your own work one and the publishing one -- that run the first and second Saturdays in June.