Monday, April 12, 2004

Blog Rhymes with Orange

I should sleep.

Tomorrow is a co-worker's last day. She is a person I've enjoyed working with. And we're throwing her a mandatory potluck. I'm bringing Costco meatballs and a crock pot. And turkey roll-ups - also from Costco. She's spending the summer in Italy and then going to school in Boston. I wrote in her card, "I'm jealous of your adventures."

It feels so good to talk about playwriting with a real, live playwright. There are ideas now, and glimpses of character's with their clothes off, and a selfish, manipulative little girl and a house in the south where it's always spring or summer, once I decide.

There's no music now, just the buzz of a box fan in the window and the whir of machine parts in one of the many computers beside me. And if I don't sleep now I'll never wake up to get the meatballs together. And that would be bad.

I wrote a little, in between the now time and the before time. The section was called, "And Now a Tangent." For our last order of business, MeAtBaLLs!!!

No comments: