Friday, April 09, 2004

Explosivo!

I stayed home sick today. And I slept and I slept and then I thought about writing and then I heated up a can of low fat ravioli and ate it. Last night found me on the bathroom floor, clutching the toilet bowl in both hands, and singing a spontaneous elegy to the porcelain god. It's been a long time since I last worshipped, but luckily, it's not the sort of thing you have to practice.

I could really get into this lifestyle. Sleeping late, writing, eating crap, listening to music, surfing the web, writing some more, and then sleep. I'm wide awake now, no concept of the hour, just back from Jack in the Box and window shopping at the mall. Not that it's late yet, because it isn't, but normally I'd be gearing up for bed. I'd be rushing off to finish my word count for the evening. Instead I get to take my time. I get to ease into it. Which is nice.

At the bookstore I succumbed to temptation and purchased a Tenacious D CD. It was only ten bucks. I couldn't resist. So the song of the hour is "Explosivo!"

What's the name of the song,
Explosivo!
Don't know what it's about,
But it's good to go.
Also in the last week I bought a laser printer and wedding gifts (didn't have much choice about that) and all new tires and a parking permit and more. I'm doing my part to keep the economy healthy. The laser printer was sort of necessary and it was on sale at Circuit City. It's a Samsung ML-1710 Monochrome Laser Printer. Retails for about $170 and Circuit City had a $100 mail-in rebate so I went for it. The old printer, an Epson, went out in a blaze of glory and had to be put down. That sounds better than "just stopped printing."

Stop Mispronouncing Words!

In honor of watching a nice, quiet romantic comedy, we've rented "Down with Love" starring Ewan McGregor and that skinny, blonde chick. Hopefully it will be an evening free of crocodiles and cougars preying on semi-likable characters. Oh my!