Saturday, April 10, 2004

Fluff Not Snuff!

Today's music is back to Aimee Mann's "Lost in Space" from Nick Drake's "Five Leaves Left." Writing about ghosts, fit my mood. I haven't gotten to the angry part yet, it's still stuck in nostalgia and whimsy. But then I'm only five pages in. Things change.

I thought my favorite on-screen character was Jude Law's Gigolo Joe, but now it's shifted to Ewan McGregor's Catcher Block. Acting (and writing) so over the top it's incredible. I am smitten. And am forced to recommend "Down with Love" as a fluffy yet infectious work of inspired comedy. Billed as a 1960's sex comedy/parody, it is so much more. And because it physically hurts me to praise others, I must beg off from listing any more positive adjectives. In short, I liked. Go see.

Since this entry is predominantly an excuse not to finish my ten pages due tomorrow at noon - I mean hell, I've got till NOON - I should wrap it up. It's a gray day. Chilly. I had a weird dream about going to work naked but nobody noticed. I finally asked to borrow a sweatshirt since I was cold. I spent the dream wondering where I'd left my shoes and socks. I knew they were nearby, on a street with a stoplight. I wanted someone to drive me, on account of the cement sidewalk being so cold and dirty.

The next movie we've rented with our Blockbuster Rewards coupon is: "Strictly Ballroom." I had to keep slapping my hand in the video store. I kept picking up independent films "I heard were good." That's how I got in this funk in the first place. Fluff not snuff! Fluff not Snuff! My new mantra.