Saturday, April 03, 2004

When Hair Goop Attacks

I put too much goop in my hair yesterday and then immediately needed a shower. But since I worked from 8am to 9pm, I couldn't just do it. I had to use my dinner break to race home and endure a deep cleansing of the hair goop. The stuff I use is called "Fudge" and is usually fine, but yesterday morning I overestimated the goop to hair ratio. If I ran my fingers through my hair they'd stick in thick slimy crud. I felt like I should apologize to anyone who had to look at my unfortunate plastered follicles. It was -- how you say -- not pretty.

I'm scheduled to go drinking at the bowling alley today and then watch the second half of "Angels in America" for the first time -- since I live in a cave. A cave that doesn't get premium channels. The local bowling alley was remodeled a few years back. They changed their name from Orchid Bowl to Zodo's and built a fabulous bar and grill inside. (I don't use the word fabulous lightly.) With twice daily happy hour specials and 40 kinds of beer on tap, it is my holy land and I worship with pride. Is it bad when the server knows your face? Our server -- by the by -- is also fabulous.

I'm debating whether or not to buy another half-priced ticket to a play in LA tomorrow. I doubt I will but half the fun is in planning. Or at least for anal retentive know-it-alls like myself, half the fun is in planning. I don't know what the other half is. Maybe chocolate?

I have a day to come up with a name for my one-act. Something catchy. Something that screams, this is about a dead girl and revenge killing. Maybe something like, "How to Succeed in Revenge Killing Without Really Trying." I'll work on it.

Pay day was three days ago and I'm full of good will. And for taking a mandatory quiz on sexual harassment at work -- mandatory for all employees in our division -- I won two free hours of bowling at the aforementioned alley. (So far) Today is one of the good ones.

No comments: