Friday, April 02, 2004

The Perilous Perils of Non-SequiTaur

My cat sits atop the monitor as I write this. One paw dangles over the edge. He is tuxedo colored and now he is licking his socks. Whenever he readjusts his 12 pounds, my monitor shakes.

I didn't end up going to the reception last night – even though the film made me hungry, it also made me sleepy. And in a fight between sleep and hunger, winner takes all (and it takes me to bed)

Because I am still lazy and incapable of expressing myself through e-mail, I will now publicly thank Tiger Lily for sending me a gift certificate to Cold Stone for 20,000 words which I should hit in about a week and a half.

Thank You Lily!!!

I can't promise that I haven't written dozens and dozens of run-on sentences and tons and tons of non-sequiturs. I heard this guy at lunch the other day talking -- couldn't help it we were three feet away. He was at another table joking with his friends and he said, "Geez, that was a total non-sequi-taur." Just like that. Non Sequi Taur. So I thought wouldn't that be a great name for a comic strip? Non-sequi-taur, the Loneliest Minotaur. Each of the panes could discuss relevant, topical issues and then the last pane would say something like, "I got a mouth full of lodestar." Or "I'm melting because I'm made of cheese." Or even, "Best not embrace my bitch, I'll shiv ya."

Poor Non-Sequi-Taur, he never gets to play the reindeer games.

No comments: