Monday, April 26, 2004

Where I Reveal An Unhealthy and Forbidden Love for REI

There will be a time next week when I will disappear. Don't be alarmed. No need to form a search party. I'll be living it up in a timeshare, in the general vicinity of Yosemite. Because I'm cool like that, or rather, my boyfriend's parents are cool like that. I'm more like the rugged hitchhiker, affixing oneself to the in crowd. Going where they go - i.e. sleeping on the floor in the next room.

And in the spirit of rugged hitchhiking, I bought myself a jacket today at REI's website. Most likely this link will die soon, but for the edification of future readers (Greetings Futurians Class of 20xx) it is a Women's SportHill Cascade Jacket. The description had me at the words, "For minimalist athletes ..." It's like it can read through to my very soul.

Today was another inspiring workshop. Next week I aim to have the first draft of my play complete.

For now I'll refer to the boyfriend with the clever abbreviation, BF. It's easier than spelling it out each time. BF is in San Francisco for a conference and I am living the good life, sucking back pomegranate juice and watching old episodes of "Arrested Development." Eventually I'll write and not just procrastinate. I promise. But now, THE WHORES!

No comments: