Thursday, April 22, 2004

Jeeves, Bring Me My Driving Gloves!

Today is a driving day. An adventure day. I'm driving down to San Diego to see my family, which is roughly a 4 hour drive if I speed a little and don't stop. My sister is visiting - currently of Oklahoma, soon to be of North Carolina.

I'm not in a big hurry since I'm on my own schedule and my parents won't be off work until late afternoon. My sister's plane, if it can bypass the projected thunder storms, won't be in until 10:30 tonight. It'd be too Chekhov of her not to show. (Or Beckett, but he's too cliche.)

So it's just me and the car and a full tank of gas. Vroom.

Before I leave I must submit pages for my play and pack and shower and drink a Diet Dr. Pepper. That's imperative. But not too time consuming. And I'll need eye drops, lots of eye drops, because somehow in the last year I'm one of those people. One of the ones with Allergies and I take things for it. Like pills and eye drops and I always look like I'm about to cry. So driving should be fun. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Whenever I leave my cable modem behind there's a twinge of something, loss maybe? Perhaps I'm too attached.

And as a result of this jaunt, I'll be missing Kingdom Hospital. I hope my sister knows how much I care.

No comments: