Monday, April 19, 2004

TMBG Mania

I'm back from seeing They Might Be Giants in my new long-sleeved band themed shirt.

And because there's not much time until I crash, I'll let my inner 12 year old provide a review of the concert:

Like, I am totally in Love with John Linnell. He is OHMIGOD like so incredibly cute and he sings so damn pretty. And the other John's not bad either. He wears nice glasses. But JOHN LINNELL? Damn baby, you bewitched me and it's not just the complete and utter exhaustion talking. Honest. If I had had a spare bra, I surely would have thrown it at the stage, but sadly I need mine for structural reasons. FIN.
Of course John Linnell has nothing on my silly stay-at-home boyfriend - who actually just said the words, "gutless turd" - who was at home playing PlanetSide all evening. Nothing at all. Especially not hand/eye coordination.

Remember how I said I tried to email an old friend in the South? He was at the show so all was not in vain. It was great to see him again. And for once I saw the mythic triplets.

And last of all I've been to see They Might Be Giants in several Californian cities now and am always pleased with their shows. Except tonight … I had a question answered I hadn't asked or even wanted answered: Did you know that one armed people still have B.O. Well, did you?

No comments: