Sunday, April 25, 2004

In the Flesh

I had a great visit with my family. Arrived Thursday afternoon, watched the Travel Channel, trimmed fat off a couple chicken breasts and set them up for Fried Chicken - I'm proud when I "cook" since it's rare - went to dinner at Fuddrucker's, drank coffee and soda, and went to the airport to pick up Sister at 10:30pm, no problems. Then stopped at In-N-Out for double-doubles.

Friday: Starbucks patio, Albertsons, La Jolla Shores, Kohl's, Beverages and More, and Trader Joe's, Daphne's Greek food (where they now have a Super Size option which is just weird. Super Size a Gyro? Mmm, now with more lamb!), and Cold Stone. Ate Fried Chicken and watched Jeopardy.

Saturday: Back to Kohl's for an early bird sale, barbecue, mass consumption of food and drink, then it gets a little foggy …

Sunday: packed up my car and drove back. Laundry - ongoing - and drinking lots of water. I took some great digital photos of Sister at the beach, posing under a pier. The weather was bright and sunny, warm and beautiful. Too warm for me, but I can still appreciate it. Except for driving back through LA and seeing the thick smog layer … My home town is recovering nicely from the fires which ravaged it only six months before. Roughly. And I am unable to write complete sentences.

Yar. Work pays for one eye to have Lasik surgery, so I figure I'll get one done and then invest in an eye patch for eye number two to fully realize my pirate fantasy. I wonder if you can choose the eye cuz in profile, it'd look cooler on the left I think.

And I wrote nothing this weekend. But I forgive myself, assuming I make it up in the next five days. I'm thinking of ways to motivate myself. And I keep coming back to self-mutilation. For every word I write, that's one less time I stab my arm with a pencil. Let's hear it for the illusion of control.

No comments: