Sunday, January 13, 2008

Adventures in Seattle

Today was clear and sunny, so Jer and I made a trip out to Greenlake -- along with everybody else apparently. Unlike everybody else however, it was our first time. We wandered around and I took some mediocre pictures and we went to Peet's for a latte and mocha. We also watched a man feed the ducks and pigeons.


Foot traffic at Greenlake

One thing I noticed about the people at Greenlake, is that they are not very good at observing the "stay to the right" rule. People walked all willy-nilly with their dogs and their strollers. It was too much chaos for me.

Due to a slight miscalculation, next we drove to Discovery Park. It was also our first time there and it was beautiful. We arrived an hour before sunset and hiked down close to the lighthouse and back. Jer spotted an eagle in the trees and I took more photos.


Bluffs at Discovery Park in Magnolia

After Discovery Park, we went to Kerry Park, which is where I actually wanted to go. We arrived shortly after sunset and it was also beautiful (this town is damned photogenic). Here is a sneak peek of what we saw:


Seattle skyline from Kerry Park

Do me a favor and pretend to be surprised when this photo appears later on On Focus Photo.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice blog. Keep up the good work. Cheers:-)

Melain said...

I went through a "Roller Blading at Greenlake" phase that ended abruptly after a near death experience that was caused by the blatant disregard for the Stay Right rule. Maybe I should have started with a "Walking at Greenlake" phase like you did. Smart girl.

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Marilyn! I appreciate the comment.

Melain, due to my inability to steer or stop, roller blading and I are not on speaking terms, however I have much respect that you attempted it there. Makes me nervous even to consider it.