Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sandcastles at High Tide

I received the first batch of test prints from the printer I'm evaluating and they look fantastic. Sharp and vivid color, couldn't ask for more. I expect to receive the mats, mountboard, photo corners, and hinge tape in a day or two so I can put it all together and see the final product. (I went with all conservation/archival quality materials.) I also ordered some blank note cards and plastic sleeves so I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Business cards should be here any day now. Guess I'll have to actually apply to another festival to make this worthwhile!

I'm watching the Biggest Loser again. This season is more about mind games than I remember previous seasons. I'm not sure I like it as much.

I've got a bunch of people shaped holes in my heart right now, which are slowly filling up again. I am trying to notice details more and myself less. Went to the grocery store and picked out some pork chops. I've never cooked pork chops before, but I've eaten them. I think that qualifies me to try.

My sister is in Morocco. I hope she doesn't mind; I will share part of an email she sent:

visiting the atlas mountains tomorrow and the coast next week. already been to casablanca. already bartered for bowls made of camel bone dyed with saffron and rimmed in silver, copper and brass. very fun.

Best words I've read all day.

No comments: