Saturday, January 26, 2008

Step Right Up and View the Prototype

To sum up my day: About 2pm, Jer shakes his head and says, "I can't think about canopies anymore." Which is to say, I did more research today. And I made these prototype note cards:


Balboa Park Rose Garden, 4x6 print on 80 lb recycled cover stock, natural, 5x7 (includes envelope and plastic sleeve)


Memorial Candles, 4x6 print on 80 lb recycled cover stock, natural, 5x7 (includes envelope and plastic sleeve)

I'm pleased with how they're coming along. I just ordered a custom stamp so I can mark the back with my copyright info. I also wandered around Staples this morning and found some cheap business card holders and a heavily discounted stack of Sales receipts with carbon copies. Then I priced canopies for awhile, which is where Jer's quote comes into play. And then I wrote down a list of local festivals and their application due dates.

I'm in the mood to rewatch season 1 of Torchwood, so I think I'll do that and stop running numbers in my head. Though next on the agenda I need to research making a Certificate of Authenticity to include with each print... and price cash boxes... and research folding tables... and consider buying QuickBooks... and consider sending in another print order to test their metallic paper option.

With luck I won't wake myself up at 5am thinking about all this stuff again. Time for Torchwood!

2 comments:

KikiRiki said...

The cards look great! Congrats. When can I buy some? Target has a sale today on folding tables, they look like nice ones.

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks! I'm testing the adhesive on the photos, and if that works out I'll be able to give an availability date.

And thanks for the tip on tables. Once Jer wakes up I'm planning to drag him to Costco and Walmart to check out their selections. I'll try to throw in Target too.