Wednesday, January 09, 2008

myspace... i surrender

I created a myspace page for On Focus Photo. You can see my hasty creation here... and if you're already a myspace enthusiast feel free to add me as a friend. I am ever so lonely.

Mostly I am searching for bands and authors I like and then inviting them to be my friend. Is that weird? Or is that normal? I promise not to believe they are actually my friends. I won't invite them to private tea parties and force finger foods down their throats. I won't accost them on the street and ask them if my pants make me look fat. Or cripple them and keep them locked in my barn. No, sir. I know they are just using me for free advertising.

The only problem I've run into so far is that the name of my business has a Javascript term contained within it, and Javascript is filtered automatically by their WYSIWYG editor. So I can never post a direct link to my site, as far as I can tell. This sort of defeats the purpose of myspace for me, but I will hang in there and see what happens. I am feeling loose, limber, and ready to hang for an extended period. Sock it to me, myspace.

I have a tentative plan to change my name tomorrow, which should probably be acknowledged for posterity. I expect long waits, tedious paperwork, and some quality time spent in various governmental agencies.

No comments: