Sunday, January 27, 2008

Deep in Details

I ordered more prints to evaluate my printer's metallic paper option. I put together a spreadsheet that breaks down how much it costs me to produce each item, how much sales tax will cost me if I include it in the price, and my potential "profit."

I put profit in quotes because it will be awhile before I break even, let alone make a profit. Luckily, I still have a few weeks to spread the costs out over, before all the applications are due and I need everything ready.

Did you know booth application fees run anywhere from $200 to $1000?

The spreadsheet was kind of fun. I figured out a formula to work backwards from the price I want to charge and determine how much I would have to pay the government in taxes out of that amount. Probably pretty simple if you know Excel, but I am only passable in it, so it felt like an accomplishment.

Today I plan to drag Jer to Costco, Walmart, and maybe Target. I've framed it in a different way however. "Hey, Jer," I say, "How'd you like to go to Fry's?" And then I mumble, "and Costco and Walmart and Target and maybe Ikea..." At least that's how I hope it will go when he finally wakes up.

I also upgraded my photostore to the most recent version. It was nice because the upgrades were free, but it ended up being seven or eight different zip files I had to upload and apply individually to the server. What a pain. I think it overwrote some of my customizations so I have to dig in again and fix it. Also, I have an ugly logo and I need to fix that too...

As you may be able to infer, I did not get off the computer when I said I would and watch Torchwood last night. I sat here for another two hours and did stuff. I'm glad I haven't installed Visio on my computer yet or I would be creating a 10'x10' block to identify table sizes to maximize booth space.

Tell me straight, Internet. Did you have ANY idea how obsessive I can be?