Friday, January 25, 2008

Revisiting the subject of Icy Hot

The background: On Wednesday, I decimate my leg muscles while exercising with the personal trainer.

The result: A mad stumble around my apartment at 2am in search of Motrin and Icy Hot.

The surprise: Vash, weirdest cat of my acquaintance, is deeply affected by the smell of Icy Hot. For the next hour, he claws and nips at the duvet cover to get at my legs. I push him to the floor. He jumps back up and nuzzles my knee. Sleep, tinged with the menthol smell of Icy Hot, happens eventually.

Obvious conclusion: The main ingredient in Icy Hot is catnip. Gentlemen, start your rumors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your knee.

My cat also digs chemical smells for some reason, including Mineral Ice, a cousin of Icy Hot. Her favorite though is hair products. I can always count on my head getting attacked after a visit to Rudy's barbershop.

Folly Blaine said...

Miss Ashley is beautiful. And those baby seagull pictures are awesome. I think that's the first time I've ever seen baby ones. Thanks for sharing!