Thursday, July 28, 2011

July Writing Recap

My July writing recap: I received 1 rejection, 1 acceptance (I'll talk more about this soon), and sent out 3 new submissions. I also have one older story pending. That is not nearly enough stories to have out at one time. Ten seems like a more reasonable number of active submissions.

Must write more and faster.

Speaking of which, I did write this last story faster than previous ones. I hope that's a new trend and not a fluke. It took about a week and a half to write and rewrite, although I didn't get a chance to put it through a full feedback cycle.

I settled for a thumbs up from Jer.

The men who are sealing my air ducts are on break for lunch so it is quiet for once today. Chiana is asleep in a cardboard box like a ragamuffin, and I am about to forage for toast.

Somehow it's summer. Three cheers for the sun.

2 comments:

KermitFan said...

Three cheers for getting a story accepted! :-) Congrats.

Folly Blaine said...

Thank you, KermitFan! It's been a really great motivator. :)