Sunday, July 24, 2011

Playing tourist

My parents (and friends) were in town the last two days so I've been playing tour guide in downtown Seattle. The weather couldn't have been nicer -- and it looks as if today will be more of the same.

We did my two favorite things: we rode buses through the transit tunnel and drank vast quantities of beer. We also went on the Underground Tour in Pioneer Square, wandered through Pike Place Market, rode the Monorail, visited the Waterfall Garden Park (birthplace of UPS), and I waited while they took an Argosy Harbor Tour and went to the top of the Space Needle.

For meals, we ate at Tat's, Dahlia Lounge, Gelatiamo, Kell's, J&M Cafe, and the Tap House, with a brief stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

It was a good time, and now I find myself more sunburned than I expected and itching to finish a story I set aside. Should probably mow the lawn, too.

Happy Sunday.

No comments: