Saturday, November 24, 2007

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Jer and I started playing Diablo II again. I created a barbarian character named Face and he's playing a paladin named Knuckles. This leads to a wide variety of "So's your face," jokes.

I'll spare you the other (very funny) Diablo in-jokes we've amassed over the years. Except if you ever hear me yell, "Don't be a hero Wolf!" you should know I'm referring to an old hireling with a penchant for kamikaze stunts and not a Dick Wolf Production.

This whole vacation thing passed far too quickly. I'm not unhappy to return to the working world by any means, but it's certainly been nice to think, hey, I'd rather be sleeping and do it. Or, I haven't read that book yet! And then dive in. It's true, I've eaten more than I should but I've also worked out for an hour three times this week. The apartment is in okay shape. And I'm reading three different books. Tomorrow I will probably do my Christmas shopping online.

If I had the funds, I would live like this all the time. Nothing extravagant, just reading and cooking and sleeping and playing Diablo II. Maybe join a playwriting group. Go to the library. Experience new things. I hear there's an ice skating rink at Seattle Center for the holidays, I'd like to try that. Ice skating isn't one of my skills exactly, but Jer is great at it. Before we started dating I remember watching him play roller hockey with friends at the university gym.

He's tried to teach me a couple of times. I can get started okay and glide in the right direction, but then I can't figure out how to stop without sitting down and tearing a hole in my pants.

The solution to this problem is clear: buy more pants.

1 comment:

George said...

Or don't stop.

Actually, usually ice rinks are littered with children. If you pick enough of them up, you accrue enough mass you slow down really good.