Saturday, November 10, 2007

The spinning theme today was bootcamp. Spent most of the time out of the saddle in zones 3 and 4. It was tough, but good. I came home, ate an apple (used my new apple slicer, and promptly fell asleep.

It's silly but I didn't know these apple slicers existed; suddenly apples are exciting again.

It's been a good couple of weeks selling on half.com. I sold this book today: Walker Evans: Polaroids. I bought it with my employee discount when I worked at Barnes & Noble and was going to photography school. It was supposed to inspire me; I even bought a Polaroid SX-70 so I could shoot just like Walker Evans.

It didn't work out. I sold the SX-70 when I left school and couldn't get a full-time job. I found out too late I couldn't get a job because someone held a grudge and didn't have the integrity to clue me in. But that's another story.

The bright side is that the book sold for twice what I paid for it, and the proceeds will go to a good cause.

I finally reserved the limo for our fancy wedding party. It may have required a pint or two of courage -- Anderson Valley Winter Solstice, to be exact -- but I manned up and did the deed. Now I guess the next thing I need to do is find a dress.

I imagine that will require the opposite of manning up.

No comments: