Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Run, Christy, Run

I understand bus drivers have to be trained, I truly understand that they are not born intuitively knowing a route, but I am so ready for them all to hurry up and finish. Tonight's commute was just awful.

My bus driver forgot to switch the sign from "TERMINAL" to "37" until it was pulling away from my stop. I watched it pull away in horror and muttered, "You've got to be kidding me." Then I proceeded to chase it. From Pike to Union to University to Seneca, as fast as my legs would carry me. I may have been wheezing but I caught it!

Then, as I approached my stop, I pulled the rope and wobbled to stand behind the driver. She completely missed the stop. I pointed it out and she pulled over. I walked back home.

On Friday, the driver went the wrong way and missed 2 stops. It stresses me out when I feel like I have to watch the driver's every move. I don't like it, though it does make me much more appreciative of the days things go smoothly.

Last night was really great. Jer and I ate dinner at PF Changs. We had a coupon to try something on their new menu for free. I ordered the prawns with garlic noodles and they were good. Not the best thing I've ever eaten, but not the worst. What I really liked was the ginger beer. It's fantastic.

Then we got ice cream and went home and watched "The Island of Lost Souls." It's just about my favorite movie ever and I haven't seen it in years, just found a copy on eBay. It came out in 1932 and it's based on H.G. Wells' "Island of Dr. Moreau." I wish they'd release this officially on DVD because it deserves it. Charles Laughton is an incredibly creepy Dr. Moreau. And his creations are downright terrifying. It's so much better than the other film versions...

No comments: