Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Why Jer is Awesome

We were down to our final bottle of pumpkin beer, and it was Jer's -- we shared the other bottles except one I drank by myself while working on photos. At the realization there would be no more for a whole year, I may have... shown some disappointment.

I'm one of those people who show emotion on their face pretty clearly. I'm fun to scare because I will give you a good reaction, whether it's a shout, shriek, or scream. For awhile I thought I'd become an actor, but I wasn't persistent enough. I'm pretty sure all you need to be successful at anything is a little talent and a whole lot of persistence.

Jer offered to get us more pumpkin beer. He called the Elysian and found they had bottles for sale at their Capitol Hill location. So we drove out there, and obtained more beer.

Then we got stuck in the parking lot. In the five minutes we spent inside the bar, an office delivery truck parked perpendicular to a water heater truck, with only a narrow gap between them. Eventually we figured out if I guided Jer through, and he trusted me, we could only just make it through the gap. I'd say about five inches to spare.

Unfortunately we were stuck in that parking lot just long enough for all our clothes to smell like brewery. It's amazing how that stuff permeates.

And that, dear Internet, is why Jer is awesome.

1 comment:

KikiRiki said...

Um, you should bring me a pumpkin beer. That would make you awesome too.....