Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy November!

Oh hey. A chance to sit down. I'll take it.

It's been a busy couple of days. Doctor, trainer, chicken adobo from Oriental Mart... Meetings, eBay auction, writing writing writing, grocery shopping, haunted elevator and... scene.

To view my supreme eBay handiwork, visit: Pfaltzgraff Monaco Tea Kettle. It's chip-resistant, don't-ya-know, and a very pretty mosaic of cobalt blue and turquoise.

I'd keep the kettle, but I already have a blue one and I decided that no matter how much a person likes Genmaicha, there's no reason for two kettles. I'm actually sitting here trying to think of a reason to have two kettles and the ONLY thing I can think of is MAYBE if I had to defend a parapet and needed a vessel to boil hot oil in. But even then I bet my stock pot would work.

Yesterday at the doctor I received a bit of good news. I'm overweight, which is excellent because that means I'm not obese anymore, according to the BMI. You see, overweight is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from normal, or rather, a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and a chest press. (Yes, I think I'll keep all the commas. It's very important that you pause to breathe. Good for stress management.)

At the grocery store I bought ingredients to make Chicken Jalfrezi, which I've never made before. That will be tomorrow night's project, or maybe Saturday. On Sunday we might go see Blade Runner at the Cinerama. Or we might not.

I'm a wild thing; you can't pin me down. Unless you offer me a truffle. Then all bets are off.

No comments: