Sunday, June 26, 2011

Goodbye, Cyndy's House of Pancakes

I'm back to working on a short story I set aside a few days ago, hoping distance would help me be more objective about its flaws. The story is not quite right yet, but after receiving some welcome feedback, I have ideas of where to go next.

Jer and I made a rare trip out for breakfast this morning and ate at "Cyndy's House of Pancakes"-- at the intersection of Northgate and Aurora. I'm sad to report there was a sign in the window saying they'll be closing forever on July 10, 2011.

They serve the best chicken fried steak with country sausage gravy I may have ever had, and anticipation of their absence makes me sad.

The building will be torn down and replaced with low-income housing.

First, Marie Callender's and now Cyndy's. My guilty pleasures are crumbling around me!

At least I got to eat there one last time. I'll just be locking in that sense memory now, seeing as how it has to last a lifetime.

2 comments:

Lily said...

What I'll miss most is the decor.

Folly Blaine said...

There's nothing quite like it, is there?