Friday, June 24, 2011

More information about that video

Tell it to me straight. Did I scare you away?

If you haven't watched it yet, here's another link to the video I posted yesterday.

Yeah. It's not exactly a classic retelling of the hero's journey, is it? I chose to use this play because it only had two characters, and that's all Xtranormal can handle. I also chose it because the play cracks me up. True, I go on and on about the mafia and its conspiracy against the ultimate power, and the animations are rooted to one spot with one inflection, so the subtext is lost... but I'm just so tickled by the level of absurdity delivered by the whole package.

At one level it's this crazy scene between a man and the closet monster he met as a boy saying goodbye after 15 years--a story of growing up and putting away childish things. And at another level it's about robots taking over the theatre.

Happy Friday.

No comments: