Monday, June 06, 2011

Newish Facebook Page, Baby Spiders, and Fresh Produce

I have a newish Facebook page for Folly Blaine, if you'd like to be a part of the secret conversation where I will be telling secrets about secret-y things. Here's the link:

Folly Blaine

Promote Your Page Too

If you can't see the Badge, click here to go to the page directly.

How come it's always when I can't do something, I desperately want to do it? I'm sitting here, babysitting the front door while I wait for UPS, thinking about how nice it would be to go for a walk. And then "nice" becomes I MUST DO THIS NOW. And I pump my fist skyward and will the UPS truck to arrive post haste or else.

I am also sitting here wondering what happened to the nest of baby spiders that were hanging around outside my kitchen window. They were cute in a can't-get-inside type way.

I sure hope they didn't get inside.

Let's talk about food. Lunch was very tasty. I made a sandwich out of toasted Bagel thins, a sliced up ball of mozzarella, two thick slices of tomato, fresh basil, a smear of red pepper hummus, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

At the grocery store I also bought another cantaloupe and a quarter of a pound of thinly sliced prosciutto. I plan to cut the melon into chunks (appetizing sounding!)and wrap them in prosciutto since that was the appetizer I never got to eat in Rome.

How pretentious is that, right?

Well, if you want to think judge-y thoughts about me, allow me to help: why don't you start with all the hypothetical baby spiders in my kitchen?

Decent folk don't go around cavorting with arachnids. Not if they know what's good for 'em.

2 comments:

Lily said...

Oh man! I'm an idiot! I've already eaten 2 of the 3 cantaloupes I bought and didn't even think to buy some prosciutto! I had that anywhere it was offered when I was in Italy. I guess I'm stopping at the store on the way home.

Folly Blaine said...

Lily, I would not say you are an idiot!

I would say "idiota" because that is Italian for idiot. ;)