Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Some Good News about the Lost Wallet and the Dryer Formerly Known as Broken

I've started posting to my photoblog again. It's at www.onfocusphoto.com/blog if you'd prefer a visual narrative to all these pesky, perfidious words.

I have 9 minutes until internet shutdown. I really should have planned this better.

Last night a police officer knocked on our door and asked for my husband. For a moment, I was nervous-- temporarily forgetting the fact that we are squarest people I know-- and then I looked down and saw the officer was holding the wallet Jer lost two weeks ago, to the day. Everything was there (except for a few bucks in cash) and it was such a relief.

An anonymous female found it on the street and turned it in to police. I am so so grateful. And then the officer stopped at our house as a courtesy on his way home. How incredible is that?

AND on Monday I got the dryer working again. The replacement part arrived and I installed it and it was wonderful. I've never been so happy to dry my clothes.

The end.

2 comments:

GreenDragon said...

I am happy good things are starting to happen to you guys again.

Folly Blaine said...

Thank you, GreenDragon!

(Whoops, I used your name, but I deleted it. Sometimes I forget we're being anonymous.)