Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month

I met friends and we toasted the economy, the darkness, each other. These are not good times. Except when they are.

And that is why I'm fond of absurdity. Things are but they aren't. The inverse is usually true, except when it isn't. And a beer is still a beer is a beer. The world spins and you spin with it.

It's not spinning, if you're wondering. My kidneys got off easy tonight.

There's a chance this month won't end well. To be or not to be, says my paycheck. And I stick with it because I've always wanted to be the Chesire Cat who speaks in riddles and grins a radioactive bank of stone pearl teeth, never saying what it means and never meaning what it says.

I am going to eat a tuna fish sandwich now. Don't try and stop me.

No comments: