Friday, November 21, 2008

Forget the Year

Hello Friday! I've missed you. You are teh awesome.

Weather has shifted cold and I treated myself to French toast for dinner. Maple syrup and crispy bacon, you complete me.

Jer and I will watch a movie soon and I will curl up on the couch with my afghan and I will do my darnedest not to think about anything related to the day job... even though I packed two manuals in my lunch bag to read sometime this weekend. But for now! There is nothing but afghans and the flickering laptop screen.

In class last night I learned that in Japan they have "Forgetting the Year" parties in the month of December? I hope that's true. I like the idea of parties that let you leave the year behind in an alcoholic haze. Not everything, you understand, some of it I'd like to keep.

If it's possible to selectively kill my brain cells, then I am all in.

No comments: