Thursday, November 13, 2008

Potatoes in my breakfast burrito...

Another fitful night. I woke up around 2am and said hello to Jer. Hopped on the computer. Checked my email for no good reason. I had a story idea in there somewhere that I've since forgotten. And that's what happens when I don't write them down.

Driving into Bellevue tonight, the moon hung low and yellow and full over their downtown. I crossed the floating bridge sandwiched between red brake lights and cruised behind a weaving driver.

Every week I look forward to my class, not just because it's great because it is, but because of the college cafeteria. I love cafeterias. Tonight I opted for the salad bar -- you pay per pound -- and I loaded spinach greens and all sorts of vegetables (including baby corn!) in my plastic takeaway container, drizzled Ranch and cottage cheese and crumbled egg, pickled green beans and beets, olives, sunflower seeds, and a few croutons. Not the healthiest salad, but oh so tasty.

My favorite foods are generally things I can mix together; I prefer to taste every flavor at once. Chili with angelhair pasta... mashed potatoes on chicken strips... egg yolks on hashbrowns... French fries on cheeseburgers. I especially like foods that are meant to be eaten together, like Shepherd's Pie. Casseroles are a big hit in my book.

Anyway. Japanese class is good. Only a few more weeks at this level and then I plan to enroll in the next class. Work is still work. I go. They let me sit at a desk. Sometimes I play foosball.

Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Friday. Happy. Friday.

No comments: