Sunday, November 23, 2008

On What Excel Has To Do With Christmas

I'm just about done with Christmas shopping. See I have this system and it is all very methodical. Every month all year long I contribute to a "Santa Saver" account and then in November I open my Excel spreadsheet and go to town. The spreadsheet is full of formulas and names and items and as a result I can pretty much tell you what I got for whom since 2004.

Some might say it takes the fun out of it, but I would strongly disagree. I love my system.

Also, when the alternative is gunfire at the mall, my system sounds even better.

It was another big movie weekend for us. First we watched Brendan Fraser in "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (2008) then Bela Lugosi in "Murders in the Rue Morgue" (1932) and finally Jackie Chan and Jet Li in "The Forbidden Kingdom" (2008).

Here I observe that the primary differences between movies made for children and horror flicks are 1) the background music and 2) in horror flicks, the flowers can and will usually eat you.

This conclusion is based on my recent viewing of "The Ruins," the first few minutes of "The Strangers," and then comparing those two against "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

You will just have to trust me.

Tomorrow is not a day I'm looking forward to, but I have fancy new work clothes to steel myself against the stress. And once the day is over, then I will only have to work approximately 12 hours on Tuesday to help get a new release out and then I will aim to work a half day on Wednesday and then there are two glorious days off.

So please. Wake me when it's Wednesday?

No comments: